A very warm welcome to my website
Please contact me for a no obligation chat via email or telephone
I am only offering online therapy and will be for the forseeable future.
Mental Health and Current Times
During these difficult times it is even more vital to take care of our mental health. You may be feeling sadness; anxiety; loneliness; stress; worry; fear; frustration; grief. Whatever feelings you have are totally understandable. It can also be particularly difficult if you are already struggling with mental health.
- Keep a regular routine (Try to get up and go to bed at a regular time each day. Also try to eat at regular times).
- Find things that you can still enjoy; receive pleasure from. It may be something in the here and now or a nice memory that you have.
- Be kind to yourself. Take things step by step.
- Keep connected and talk about your worries. With friends/family or through helplines; Samaritans 116 123 Mind 0300 1233393. It is essential to get the support that you need.
- Look after your body (Eat as healthily as you can. Avoid using alcohol to manage feelings. Try to Exercise as regularly as you feel able.
- Use reputable sources for information.
- Try to avoid scrolling through or listening to too much news if you are aware that it has an impact on your mental health. Read and listen on a need to know basis.
- Try to focus on the things you can change rather than worrying about the things you (and most people) can't.
www.nhs.uk/uk/Mental/Health is a very helpful website with alot of free help.
Although the strategies above and those on the NHS website may not be a magic wand they can help enormously in terms of providing some physical and mental resilience during these challenging times
If you would like further help/support, please read on.....
I have particular expertise in working with trauma. Please don't hesitate to contact me about having sessions to help with any difficulty that you may be having related to current times and of course you are also welcome to contact me to enquire about having therapy in regard to anything else too.
I am offering online therapy only currently and will be for the foreseeable future.
I can offer a variety of different options tailored to your individual needs. All of the modalities that I offer work very well online.
I have over 25 years of experience as a psychological therapist, and I am able to offer a range of therapeutic modalities.
Seeking psychological therapy can be a daunting and anxiety provoking process. However please be reassured that you are not alone. Statistics show that 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year (http//www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information); and the World Health Organization predicted in 2009 that within 20 years more people will be affected by depression than any other health problem.
It may be that you don't have a specific mental health problem as such, but are suffering with an overall feeling or sense of dissatisfaction or loss of direction or purpose. It may be that you would like to use psychological therapy for the purposes of self development/exploration. It may also be that it is a requirement of your own therapy training to have psychological therapy.
Whatever the reason for your enquiry into psychological therapies, I have endeavoured to give you as much information as I can through my website about what I am able to offer. However; please do not hesitate to e mail me to find out more, or to have a no obligation informal chat about whether I might be able to help.
The Therapeutic Modalities I offer are;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Transpersonal Perspectives in Psychotherapy
I have particular specialist knowledge, expertise, and experience in working with adult survivors of trauma (childhood trauma, and/or adult trauma).
I have extensive experience in treating
I also work with adults with;
In addition I have extensive experience of treating Depression and other anxiety presentations such as;
- Social Phobia
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder/Attacks
- Complex Trauma / PTSD
Please click on the tabs above to find out more about me and what I can offer, and how to contact me.